We are in Alabama today, helping Leah’s parents clean up their yard. Earlier this year, their “neck of the woods” was hit by some very strong storms that left a large number of limbs and branches down in their yard. We are helping them clean up their yard as much as we can in a couple of days.
We are looking forward to getting back to Lebanon Road for worship on Sunday. We have to say “goodbye” to Chris LaFever this Sunday. He has served as our summer youth intern and has done a very good work. We know he will do well in his future, but we hate to see him go.
On to the links for this week:
1. We all get “those” emails. Steve Higginbotham gives a great way to respond to “those” emails in “Pass It On!”
2. Preaching, simply put, it’s about the preacher! Joshua Pappas gives that reminder in a fine way in “Hiding Behind the Cross.”
3. Justin Guin (welcome back the blogging world) gives some good preaching material in his post “Songs in the Scriptures: Moses’ Song.”
4. Priorities. We all say we have them, but we have trouble following them. Michael Hyatt gives some good thoughts in “Priority Management and Life Balance.”
5. We all like to help (hopefully!). However, when we help, are we really helping? Bible Money Matters explores in “Ten Ways to be Sure Helping is Helping.”
We hope you have a wonderful weekend. If you are new to our blog, we hope you’ll take a while to explore and let us know what you think.
No matter what you are doing this weekend, don’t forget the Lord on His day.